Monday, October 11, 2004

A New Point of View

I'm struggling with writing this so as not to incriminate myself...

As I sat in the train the trainer session for the new educational software it occurred to me how much had changed since I started this program. Having just read Frank Smith's Learning and Forgetting and reading Children's machine, the thoughts about learning and breaking information down into chunks so small it becomes meaningless resinated with me. How do I reconcile these feelings inside me with making a living. I'm not sure, I'm going to keep moving towards being able to teach what I believe and in the mean time I'll inject what I can into the teaching by example. This I can do immediately, although the actual product will be paradoxal to the method of learning it.

The other thing I noticed was that in my group of trainers I had some great, innovative ideas about collaborating and disseminating the information that I wouldn't ahve had prior to this program. This felt great and satisfying to see an actual change and product of what I had done and experienced come to fruition so quickly. I am so excited to continue to apply these types of things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home