Thursday, August 26, 2004

First Night at Virtcamp

The First Night of VirtCamp

It’s the first night of virtcamp. We’ve just had dinner. Our first activity was an iron chef activity. We were asked to write about how we are feeling. We are exploring the process of reflecting.

There are a lot of things going through my head. First, I’m nervous about being able to balance this with everything else in my life. I’m not feeling like I shouldn’t be in the program, but just how its going to fit with the rest of my life. I heard so many people talk about their interesting jobs and I know I’m ready for a change, but I don’t know exactly what that means for me. I keep trying to think, what do I want to do with this? I am very excited about the whole “process” and the things I am about to be exposed to. I feel like everyone here has a cooler job than I do. Right now, I feel like I want to work in a school district and also to teach part time. But then I think about other possibilities, like maybe I could start a virtual program like this at Concordia or some other school in the twin cities. I love being on campus and I love this process of alternative learning. I want to work at a university I think or some higher ed institute. RIGHT NOW, I think it would be cool to keep going with my education and to get a doctorate degree. One thing at a time I guess.

I miss the boys a lot. There seem to be quite a few people that have small kids which is reassuring to me. I feel like I’ve been behind the 8 ball coming in, behind on everything so I hope I can keep this up. I have so many unfinished things looming out there, but I know that I want to do this.


More later….

Well I intended to write more but I really am so tired I think I will collapse. I really think I want to work at a university though. I’m very inspired by that idea…how can I do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home