Monday, August 23, 2004

The Act of Juggling

Well, blogging is definately new, as are many other things in OMET but today I'm feeling ok about it all.

It's been a tough month for me. Moving, finishing the house, juggling the kids, not having internet, having a heavy work schedule but so far I've not doubted my decision. I only wish I had more time to spend. I've been keeping up ok but I'd say just barely keeping my head above water.

I'm out of town traveling now, in San Fran and my flight to Eureka last night got cancelled so I've taken the day to kind of catch up on some things so I think that is why I'm feeling better.

My analogy on Friday was I'm juggling and I have so many balls in the air. I'm afraid they are all going to come crashing down on me at the same time. Right now I've been able to keep them all in the air still and I only hope I can keep this up.

My biggest challenge right now is to determine my ARP. I think I've determined that Rising Stars will be the environment and I'm good with that. More on that in my ARP blog.

It's been good I haven't been traveling, I think that has helped. I also have a decent workload and some great prospects.

As I'm progressing through the readings and discussions, I get so many ideas I don't know how to work them all. Maybe a blog is the way to organize those thoughts.

I've determined a few things I really want however.

One is balance in my life. That has been lacking these last 2 years as we have been building the hosue and I have been supporting us. I'm veyr much looking forward to a change on that front. In close conjunction with that, I want to cut my travel WAY back.

Two, my goals for my career. The more I'm around teachers and education, the more sure I am I want to be more and more involved in that arena. I really think trying to find some type of higher ed program to teach some online courses would be ideal. I'd love to collaborate with someone to build a program like Sue has done at Pepperdine.

Three, be involved in professional development locally in some of the school districts around me. Bernard had some great ideas and I'm going to talk to him further about those and start to implement them.

That's all for now...going to try to keep catching up.

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2004 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Kari,

Now I understand why I thought that Sari had moved to San Francisco. It is great to set out your goals so clearly. And I am glad to see you are collecting the social resources to help you reach them. Achieving balance is a very important part of life-- the cadre from last year got me (indirectly) to return to yoga which is all about balance. I am enjoying it very much. I find that I handle stress much better when I take the time to focus on what is important in life and work.

Margaret
(where is the spell checker...I hate to post without a spell checker)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home